24 Hour System Challenge
Well done to the team at Bromsgrove for delivering on our promise to supply a fully built and tested 185kW drive system in a little over 24hrs.
Our customer gave us just 24 hours to build and fully test a 400A 185kW panel ready for next day delivery.
We had a lot of the standard items on the shelf, we also worked closely with our partners to acquire more specific parts in record time. We didn’t leave it in the hands of couriers, we sent our team out to gather the remaining control equipment required.
Meanwhile the electrical design schematics were being reviewed for the application.
As you can see from the images to the left the various stages of panel build as we raced towards the deadline.
|9:00 a.m.||We started with the basic panel chassis.|
|12:00 p.m.||The basic component layout and conduit on the backplate was complete.|
|3:30 p.m.||Low voltage control wiring was in place.|
|5:00 p.m.||High voltage wiring was added.|
|6:30 p.m.||The backplate was fitted into the panel chassis.|
|7:30 p.m.||Communications cables were added and side panels were added.|
|9:00 p.m.||The build was complete.|
Our productions team stayed on late to complete the panel build. Testing and quality inspection were carried out the next morning ready for dispatch.
The result was one fully build and tested panel ready for next day delivery. This was possible due to a number of factors:
- Many of our standard solutions are stored as templates on Eplan Pro-Panel significantly reducing the design time
- We hold significant quantities of standard control equipment in our bonded stock store.
- We have a dedicated team of skilled staff, who when the need arises will either work late, or drive considerable distances to collect those items we don’t have in stock.
- We have deliberately designed our systems for maximum agility, without compromising quality.
- Nidec Control Techniques are frankly #driveobsessed